The lush, green landscape of Poitou-Charentes is one of the best places to enjoy a nature holiday in France.
With no mountains or rugged terrain to contend with, the countryside is easily accessible to everyone, offering an unrivalled mix of sand dunes and salt marshes, vineyards and valleys, not to mention the glorious beaches of the French Atlantic Coast.
Get close to nature on a birdwatching holiday to see both resident species and seasonal visitors. You’ll find a number of bird reserves along the mainland, island and estuaries as well as other excellent vantage points.
Find out how the fragile natural environment is protected at 15 Pôle Nature environment centres in the Charente-Maritime department, four Maisons du Parc in the marshland of Marais Poitevin, and the Vitrezay Nature Centre on the Gironde estuary.
The gently undulating countryside is an open invitation to walkers and cyclists with a network of well- marked paths, whilst fishermen can relax on an ocean shore or beside a river. For real family-friendly fishing, try the Pescalis angling centre near Parthenay.
And do your own bit for the environment by staying at a hotel or campsite with the European Ecolabel – just look out for flower symbol.
|Fishing||Natural reserves||Walking||Gardens||Sustainable accommodation|
- Domaine de Roiffé The pond is just 1km from the town. Picnic tables. Accommodation: 2 gites. More
- Parc de l'Etang - Sentes de Fondoire A 4ha fishing pond in the heart of the Scevolles Forest. The Guesnes Recreation Park allows you to experie [...] More
- Etang de pêche communal A pleasant fishing pond as you exit the centre of town on the route de Tercé . The site is equipped with p [...] More
- Les Berges D'Ayron In 15 minutes of the Futuroscope, you will find a Restaurant, a Campsite, a miniature and good Golf of the [...] More
- Pêche en rivière, parcours mondial de pêche au coup Located in the south of of La Vienne region, the pleasant village of Availles Limouzine has an internation [...] More
- Maison de la Pêche On the banks of the Charente River , the Maison de la Pêche fishing centre is ideally located for all type [...] More