With a choice of 20 first class courses in some stunning locations, Poitou-Charentes is a great destination for a French golf holiday or weekend break. And the temperate climate and long hours of sunshine mean you can play all year round.
French golf clubs have a surprisingly relaxed atmosphere with fewer rules than in the UK. Green fees and club hire are attractively priced and you’ll find the dress code less stringent than at home.
Golfers who like a challenge should try the 27 holes of the Golf du Château des Forges at Les Forges near the Marais Poitevin, where three 9-hole courses can be combined to make three different 18-hole courses.
The beautiful links course of Golf de la Prée overlooks the Baie de l’Aiguillon and Ile de Ré, whilst the picturesque Charente Valley is dotted with attractive clubs. The 18-hole Golf du Cognac in Saint-Brice is particularly popular with British visitors.
So too is the Golf du Haut Poitou, where an 18-hole challenge and 9-hole pitch-and-putt course overlook the beautiful lake of Saint Cyr. And don’t miss the spa town of La Roche-Posay to combine golf with wellbeing treatments, or the sea views from the 9-hole courses on Ile de Ré and Ile d’Oléron.
- Golf de Saintes Louis Rouyer Guillet Created in 1953, 5 minutes from the town center of Saintes, golf Louis Rouyer Guillet is the oldest in the [...] More
- Golf de Royan More
- Golf du Château de La Vallade A Par 21 6-hole course, it is some 1173 meters long. One part is narrow and technical, links and inland, t [...] More
- Golf du Pays Rochefortais A 9-hole approved course - 3 "learner's" holes and a training green placed at golfers' disposal. [...] More
- Golf d'Oléron 9-hole course, federally certified, 6-hole school. Open every day of the year from 9 A.M. until 7 P.M. Chi [...] More
- Golf du Château des Forges The only 27-hole golf course in Deux-Sèvres, Les Forges is open to beginners and confirmed golfers alike. [...] More