There are so many fun activities for families to share in Poitou-Charentes that the question is never what to do, but where to start.
The French Atlantic Coast is studded with family-friendly resorts, glorious sandy beaches and opportunities for young watersports enthusiasts. But there’s plenty of water inland too.
Rent a family-sized cruiser for a relaxing holiday on the Charente river, navigating locks, watching for wildlife and browsing the local markets.
Explore the Marais Poitevin in a flat-bottomed boat or try walking, riding and mountain-biking round the lakes of Lavaud and Mas-Chaban.
Futuroscope is a must with its multiple moving-image attractions. So too is La Palmyre Zoo near Royan, but you’ll find animal attractions all over the region from crocodiles to birds of prey, sheep to shaggy Poitou donkeys.
Classroom history lessons come to life at the imposing forts and citadels that guard the coast. Climb a lighthouse, dress up in medieval costume at a castle, and go on board the replica 18th century frigate, Hermione, in Rochefort.
And if all that’s not enough, surprise the kids with a trip to a forest adventure trail, a scenic excursion on a miniature train, or a self-propelled ride on a vélo-rails or rail bike along a disused railway track.
- Ecole de voile In front of Strong boyar, has Ile d'Aix and in the continent, the beach of Boyardville offer an ideal stre [...] More
- Ecole de voile Summer and all year long, competition and recreation. Training at all levels, for children and adults, on [...] More
- Saint Georges Voiles Saint-Georges Voiles proposes numerous regoupés supports(media) around 3 axes: the Sea (optimist, windsurf [...] More
- Ecole de voile Boat collective / catamaran / sand yacht / storm sail / kayak / optimist / windsurfing board / surfing. Co [...] More
- Ecole de voile de Port Maubert Discover the sail to port Maubert, traditional port of fishing and sailing with the sailing school, on the [...] More
- Cercle Nautique Light sailboats, regatta keel boats and ocean fishing at Port Sud. The club welcomes persons, young and ol [...] More